Having a properly insulated home is always a smart investment. Not only does it instantly make your home more comfortable to live in, but you’ll also bask in the glow of reduced heating and cooling bills for years to come.
The team at Refresh Renovations Pensacola can take care of all things insulation - and more!
Refresh is designed to make home renovations as low-stress as possible for homeowners. We'll help you turn your ideas into a cost-effective plan, provide you with a design and cost estimate, take care of any required building approval and, once you're happy, we'll get our team to carry out the build within a set timeframe. All you need to do is tell your Refresh Renovations specialist your ideas and they'll take care of the rest - it's that easy!
Refresh can take care of every aspect of your renovation design and build. When it comes to insulation, our services include:
- Underfloor insulation
- Ceiling insulation
- Wall insulation
- Eco insulation
- Garage door insulation
- Free consultation
While Pensacola residents may not have to insulate against icy winter temperatures – they still benefit greatly from having a properly-insulated home, in both winter and summer.
According to the EPA, home-owners can save an average of 15% on heating and cooling costs by adding insulation to attics, floors, crawl spaces, and basement rim joists; and by air-sealing their homes.
Another advantage is that it provides a level of soundproofing.
Everyone agrees you need insulation, but what kind is best? It’s certainly not a case of one-size-fits-all. The type of product you choose – and the insulation cost – will depend on your individual situation. For instance, if access is tricky in places, you may have to use a blow-in application. Or if anyone in your household has allergies, you’ll need to choose your materials carefully.
Here’s a quick overview of the different types in insulation:
- Blanket rolls or batts. The most common type of insulation, this is traditionally made from fiberglass; but is now available in other materials such recycled plastics, wool and other natural fibers.
- Reflective (or radiant) systems. Made from foil-covered paper, plastic or cardboard; these are effective at preventing heat from entering the home – making them particularly useful in warmer climates.
- Loose-fill. Also known as ‘blown-in’ insulation, it’s possible to apply without removing the whole wall. Commonly made from cellulose, fiberglass and mineral wool.
- Rigid foam. Made from polystyrene-type materials, this can be cut-to-size for large structural areas like ceilings and walls.
- Sprayfoam insulation. This is ideal for reaching tricky or irregular spaces. (It’s also resistant to water damage and mold growth, so is good for hurricane-prone regions).
Like some more advice on insulation? Refresh Renovations in Pensacola offer specialist renovation services for home-owners living in and around Pensacola; including Gulf Breeze, Warrington, West Pensacola, Goulding and Brent.
Refresh Renovations in Pensacola offer specialist renovation services for home-owners living in and around Pensacola; including Gulf Breeze, Warrington, West Pensacola, Goulds and Brent.
Find out more about how you can renovate your home and contact the team of Renovation Specialists at Refresh.