Before you start your renovation, you have to ask yourself a few questions to make sure the end result is your dream kitchen. Here's a checklist to help kick start your planning.
Do you ever go to the supermarket and feel like there are too many options? Well the same can be said in the world of kitchen renovations. How do you know where to start when it comes to the features, function and design of your new kitchen?
In this article, we'll help you to collect all of your kitchen ideas in one place, so that you can get more clarity with the type of kitchen you want to create. We've also created a "Downloadable Kitchen Planning Checklist" that you can use to help you plan your kitchen renovation.
If you're looking for a more comprehensive guide to renovating your kitchen, check out the Smart Renovator's Guide to Kitchen Renovations.
Which items do you consider a priority?
- Breakfast bar or kitchen island
- False ceiling
- Natural light
- General lighting
- Good task lighting
- Eating area or ability to sit at the benchtop
- Optimise kitchen view/outlook
- Luxury countertops
- Accent pieces
- Rustic elements
- Appliance cupboard
- Space for special appliances
- Waste disposal unit
- Built-in rubbish bin or recycling bins
- New cupboards or new doors and handles
- Touch technology cabinetry
- Butler’s pantry
- Lots of easy-access drawers or pull-outs
- Display shelves
- Cabinet for bottles, herbs and spices
- Cabinets for kitchen utensils, accessories, cutlery and dinnerware
- Cabinet for baking utensils
- Cabinet for cleaning products
- Rotating corner cupboard shelving
- A wall oven or all in one stove
- Microwave and grill oven
- Fridge and freezer
- Beer and wine fridge
- New sink or double sink
- New tap - pull out faucet for rinsing
- Water filter
- Wiring for TV or Internet
- Wall finish
- Non-slip flooring
- Kitchen window treatment - blinds/curtains
- Benchtops - laminate, marble, wood, granite or concrete
If you would like to discuss home renovation options for your next renovation project, please use the enquiry form on this page to provide us with your contact details. We will get in touch with you at a time that suits you to discuss your project. If you would like to provide us with more information about your project, we have a more comprehensive enquiry form on our "Get in touch" page too.
*All information is believed to be true at time of publishing and is subject to change.
All Refresh Renovations franchises are independently owned and operated.
If you would like to find out how Refresh Renovations can support you with a high quality, efficient home renovation, get in touch today. Your local Refresh Renovations consultant will be happy to meet with you for a free, no obligations consultation.